- What do you do? What is the product or service that you offer?
- Who are your customers? What is your target demographic?
- Why do you want a new website?
- What goals or results will indicate success on your website?
- How do you describe your brand?
- What are the biggest challenges within your industry?
- Who are your main competitors?
- What differentiates you from your competitors?
- What do you do better than your competitors?
- What are some things your competitors do better than you?
- What terms would people search for to find you?
- What search terms are you targeting? What about your competitors?
- What works on your current website? What doesn’t work on your current website?
- What do you like and dislike about your current site?
- Identify 3 to 5 websites you love. What do you like about the style, features, and functionality?
- What elements do you like and dislike about your top three competitors’ websites?
- What functions are absolutely necessary for your new site?
- Do you need any chat functions, maps, multiple languages, events calendars, member log-ins, blogs, forms, etc.?
- Who is responsible for reviewing, providing feedback, and giving final approval on your new site?
- Do you need to purchase a domain name?
- Who is currently hosting your website?
- Can they support WordPress?
- Are you looking to switch hosts?
- Do you know where your DNS is controlled?